Saturday, March 7, 2009

It's a new journey on an old trail.

HIV... these three letters can change anyone's life in an instant. In a way, it has changed my life just recently, as a very dear friend of mine has become what is refered to as 'positive'. It has set me on a journey to wade through the available material, to review professional opinions, to rethink positions, to draw my own conclusions.

I am not a professional scientist. I do not have the means to conduct research to defeat the virus, or the illnesses generally thought of as eventually resulting from infection with this virus. But a short time of reading on the subject has brought to light that there is a vast range of differing opinion on the subject even among the brightest minds, something I was not aware of even just two months ago.

What I will present here will be a collection of thoughts as I progress through the material. I hope it will be found useful.

In whichever way HIV may affect you, my hope is that you will never lose your compassion; and if you know someone who has been diagnosed, to be the best friend you can possibly be to that person.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment